Healthy eating recipe: Low calorie cauliflower soup
Soups are one of the best meals you could have at dinner when following a healthy diet plan. Are you looking for some healthy soup recipes? Then, here I have one of the healthy and creamy soup recipes for your dinner. This soup has minimal ingredients and more flavors. This soup is ideal for anybody looking to stick to a lower calorie option and is also ideal for low carbers or athletes on rest days, cauliflower is a massive vitamin C source, but is also a FODMAP so may cause issues for those with irritable bowel syndrome. I hope you enjoy the recipe, I am an Irish weight loss & sports nutrition expert currently based in Clonmel, if you want to chat to me about your diet, why not book yourself in for a session in my online clinic, from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you. Click here to get to my online clinic booking page.
Let’s see how to cook this healthy soup for your dinner, if you like this recipe you can see more at my cookbook right here, and use FITNUT10 for 10% off. If you want more recipe ideas you can click here to follow me on Instagram!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Cauliflower – 1 large head (1.5 kg)
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 1 (chopped)
- Chicken or vegetable stock – 800 ml
- Whole milk/ heavy creamy – ¼ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Greens/thyme – (finely chopped) for garnishing
- First of all, wash the cauliflower and cut it into small florets.
- Take a large and open pot, add olive oil, and heat it over medium-low flame.
- Add garlic and stir it until light brown.
- After that, Add onion or cook it unit they are soft.
- Add cauliflower and cumin; stir it for 5 to 7 minutes until soft.
- Now, add vegetable or chicken stock and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is soft or cooked, blend the soup using a hand blender until a smooth mixture.
- After that, add heavy milk or cream, salt, pepper, and mix all the ingredients well.
- You can adjust the thickness of the soup by adding more stock.
- At this point, you can taste or adjust the spices as per your taste or choice.
- Turn off the flame and Pour the soup into a bowl, garnish it with some greens.
- Your healthy and creamy soup is ready.
- You can also use brush olive oil on fritters instead of using olive oil spray.
- If you are going to blend it in blender jag or jar then, you will have to let it cool down first.
- You can store the leftover in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days.
- Calories – 176
- Carbohydrates – 14g
- Fat – 8g
- Saturates – 3g
- Protein – 8g
- Fiber – 6g
- Sugar – 10g
- Sodium – 520mg