BAKED ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
Are you looking for healthy recipes for weight loss? Then, here I have the best recipe for snacks for you. Most of the time, zucchini dishes are fried, but we will keep them healthy and bake these zucchini fritters. You will enjoy the perfect crisp even after baking them. These fritters are healthy, easy to make, suitable for anyone on a low carb diet, they are gluten-free.
Now let’s see how to prepare this healthy snack. For more recipes like this you can check out my recipe book here and if you want to get some professional insights into how you can easily lose weight (without having a miserable diet), why not book into my online nutrition clinic at a time and date that suits you, by clicking right here.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 7 to 8 Fitters
- Zucchini – 2 large
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Salt – 1 tsp. /as per taste
- Black pepper – ½ tsp. /as per taste
- Egg – 2 large
- Olive oil spray
- Garlic – 1 tbsp. (minced)
- Almond flour – 1 cup ( finely grounded)
- Coconut flour – 1 tbsp.
- First of all, peel out the zucchini and wash it.
- Now, grate the zucchini using the grating attachment of your food processor.
- Take a large and open bowl and set a strainer atop of it. Place all the grated zucchini in the strainer and add ½ teaspoon salt in it.
- Mix it well and let it drain for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, press the zucchini with the spoon to extract all the extra liquid.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. cover the baking tray with parchment paper and spray it with some olive oil.
- Now take a large and open bowl and transfer the drained and grated zucchini in it.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, salt, freshly grounded black pepper, coconut flour, almond flour, and eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now take a scoop and scoop out the zucchini fitter’s mixture into the already prepared baking tray. While using the back of the spoon, lightly flatten the fitters and shape them into rounds.
- Once you set all the fitters in the baking tray, spray the tops with some olive oil.
- Now, set the tray in the oven and bake the zucchini fritters until they are wonderfully fragrant or golden brown. It will take 10 minutes on each side.
- Flip the side after 10 minutes and spray some olive oil again.
- Once they are done, place or transfer the zucchini fritters into a plate. The crispy, healthy, and low in carbs snack is ready to eat.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce or yogurt.
- Calories – 260 (2 fritters)
- Carbohydrates – 12g
- Fat – 20g
- Protein – 10g
- Fiber – 6g
- Sugar – 4g
- Sodium – 289mg