Tomato penne with chicken
Are you a fan of pasta? But you can’t have it because of your strict and healthy diet plan. Then here I have an amazing, light, and healthy recipe for you. The best thing about this delicious pasta recipe is that it is full of flavors with fewer ingredients. This penne pasta with tomatoes and chicken is the best recipe for your lunch or dinner. Let’s see how to get after this quick and easy dish, if you like this and want more, you can get my recipe book, complete with over 30 recipes (including their calorie + mark breakdowns) by following this link here. If you are looking to manage your weight a little better or looking to include healthy recipes like this into your diet, why not book a consultation with me here in my online clinic?
See recipe nutrition facts down below along with methods!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Penne pasta – 180 g
- Boneless chicken – 1 cup (diced)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- White onion – ½ small (diced)
- Tomato puree – 4 tbsp.
- Cherry tomatoes – 4 (cut into 4 pieces)
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper – ½ tsp.
- Green onion – 1 (chopped)
- Take a large and open pan, add 4 to 5 cups of water and boil the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and keep it aside.
- Now, take an open frying pan, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and heat it over medium-low flame.
- After that, add minced garlic and stir it until light brown.
- Add chicken to the pan stir it for a minute.
- Now, add chopped onion and cook it with the chicken.
- After that, add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add tomato puree.
- Now cover the pan and cook the chicken until it’s softened.
- Once the chicken is done (it hardly takes 1 or 2 minutes), add boiled pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- At this point, you can taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Your penne pasta with tomatoes and chicken is ready to eat.
- Serve hot and garnish it with some green onions.
- You can use whole wheat penne to make it healthier.
- You can also add different freshly chopped vegetables such as carrot, bell pepper, or any other favorite vegetable of yours.
- If you are a fan of cheese, you can also sprinkle some cheese on pasta.
- Avoid the garlic & onion if you have IBS and opt for garlic infused oil instead to keep the flavour!
- Calories – 232
- Carbohydrates – 20g
- Fat – 8g
- Protein – 20g
- Fiber – 3g
- Iron – 2mg
- Sugar – 6g
- Sodium – 684mg